Wednesday, October 31, 2018

I have power!

Barry and I made it up today and got the power working.  It took longer than I expected, but it is worth it.  The new box is installed.  I also shored up the panel.  When they installed the original (incorrect) box (incorrectly) they made sure that they did everything wrong.  The only screws holding the backing to the post were in a straight line up and down, so there was nothing to keep it from rocking. 


I also gouped the top so it is reasonably water tight.


I installed the clamp at the bottom.  I couldn't find the nut for it, so I will have to redo it at some point, but hopefully this will prevent mice from getting in.


I then went and flipped everything on.  It all works.


I turned on the heat.  It was actually pretty nice today, but it needs to be warm to do the fiberglass work.


I also cranked up the pressure tank and plugged in the heat tapes.  The picture sucks, but you can see the needle is pointing up, which means that there is pressure.


Some other notes: my moose is back.  That is about 5-6 inches long.


Apparently there are a lot of deer using the driveway as well.  There were tracks everywhere in the mud.  Too bad I won't get out this year.


The town felt bad about my mud pit and put more gravel down. 


I called Cooper to try to get moving on the apron, but haven't heard back yet.  Likewise, I haven't heard from Dead River on the propane.  My hot water heater is on its way to Home Depot, so it should come in late in the week or maybe early next week.  The big question is what do I work on the next few days.  I guess I can start the interior work, finish up the bathroom and maybe start on the kitchen.  I will have to think long and hard about cutting skirting and stuff inside.  I don't want to use the circular saw or table saw inside, but if I cut them with tin snips (I shudder at the thought of cutting over 50 pieces by hand...) then it wouldn't be messy.  Or maybe I just bite the bullet and run the table saw and deal with the cleaning later. 

The electric is finally done (Thanks Barry, for both playing with the electric and for not dying), another item off the checklist.

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
  16. Get propane installed.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment