Friday, October 12, 2018

No well, but good bathroom progress.

Sometimes it sucks having no connection to the outside world.  I didn't get the message that the drilling rig got stuck in the mud in Marlow (couple towns north) and they broke something pulling it out, so they weren't going to get to my well until I was already in Sullivan. Oh well.

Today's septic update: ???  The excavator has moved, but I can't really tell what he has done.


One positive note on the septic though, I got the formal inspection approval from the state. 

It was actually a pretty decent day.  Howling wind, but overall a nice brisk fall day.  Even though I ended up not needing to clear the slab, I hooked the dozer blade up on the tractor.  I get the feeling I will be moving gravel and stuff with it before winter.


I also moved the generator today.  Here are some better pictures of the slab from yesterday.


The bridge worked better than expected.


The bulk of the work that I did today was in the bathroom though.  I ended up using a different glue, harder to work with, but hopefully sticks better.  This was insta-contact Loctite tub liner glue.  The previous stuff was liquid nails tub and shower adhesive.   I got the last wall up.


I also got all the shelving areas done.


I started in on the floor, but it was well after sunset at this point.  It is nice having the lights functional.  I will have to do some minor modifications to get the toilet flange on, but those are minor.


I spoke with one guy about the paving.  As I expected, it was a lot more money than I expected.  All things considered though, it wasn't enough to break my financial plan.  He estimated between 2500-3000.  A lot for an apron.  He very strongly recommended against doing the whole driveway (which to be honest, wasn't going to happen anyways).  He recommended putting down a base this year, letting it settle in and then paving next year (which still probably won't happen).  I meet with another guy next Wednesday.

No movement on the checklist.
Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment