Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Good septic progress. I need more time.

Today's septic update is rather positive.  I heard back from the septic guy.  The state inspector was apparently doing another unit in the area, so he came and looked at mine and it is good to go.  That is a good sign.  As for actual progress, a lot of the pipe work is done now. It is now connected to the pipe in the slab. 


I was happy to see that my grounding rod is still there.  He cut the pipe awfully close to the edge of the slab. 


It is connected to the tank. 


It runs all the way down to the leech field.




Up near the tank, it is double piped.  Not sure if this is standard or not, but more protection is good considering how close to the driveway it is. 


I am assuming this was extra, but I didn't investigate.


Given how he is setting a slope on the edges, I am guessing he isn't going to fill anything in. 


I apparently didn't snag a picture, but the containment pit for the well is dug too now.  I will send an email to the well guy and let him know.  I am not sure I can be ready for drilling on Friday, but I can certainly try. 

As for my work, it is getting hard to get stuff done since it is dark less than an hour after I leave work.  I need to start leaving earlier, and consider doing the extra time when I am back in the office sucking up the internetz.  Like for example, I just did a code review.  Most of my work can be done independently.  I also typically put in more than 8 hours, so Maybe try working 4 9's and a 4, since I am out of vacation time.

Getting back to what I did, I made another power bridge, so that both power planes in the electric box are live.  This will help with the darkness issue, since I can now have the lights and power outside on at the same time.  I will have to be careful not to overdraw the extension cord though.  And remember not to turn on anything 240V.  That would be bad. 


I also started to mark and cut the last piece of wallboard for the shower.  I noticed when I was up there though the ones I already installed have started to wave.  I installed it per the manufacturer's instructions, and I have had a space heater in there, so it hasn't gotten bitterly cold inside, so it is mildly frustrating. 



Still a lot of things going on, but no movement on the checklist.  I still haven't heard back from any of the paving companies, so no movement there.

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment