Sunday, October 7, 2018

Move complete

This post is a little overdue, but I don't have any internet at home at the moment.  I plugged my modem and whatnot into the cable drop in the new apartment, and it worked...  Until the next day.  I am guessing based on the timing that when the people moving into my apartment got their service started, that it terminated my service.  So I am writing this from work.

Obviously the big the last few days has been the move.  Most of the stuff is up at the property, there is only a handful of things left in the new apartment.  The shed is full now.  YOu almost can't walk in it anymore.  It mostly just need organization though. 


The front shelf is now serving its intended purpose.  Everything is labeled.  I put some moth balls in the totes hoping to keep mice out.  I have heard since that it doesn't work though.  Oh well, hopefully the totes will keep them out at least.


With all the additional weight, I will need to fix the support structure before winter.


The place is starting to look like a home too now.




Apparently the floor isn't as scratch resistant as they would like you to believe.


On the septic front, it is nearly done.  The guy says it should be ready for the state inspector by Tuesday, so likely Wednesday. 

It is good to know the state sold me out.


The leech field is largely done. 






The tank is disappointingly far into the driveway.  I don't like it, but I would have liked blasting even less.  This is a shorter tank that I spent a little more money on too.


I am not sure if he just moved the blocks of concrete, or filled in the well, but he did something over there.


As you might expect, the driveway is a disaster.  I was surprised when I was able to get the car up, but it scraped a lot.  The truck will only go up in 4WD.




Some of the gravel I put down is still holding up surprisingly.  Most of the really bad parts of the driveway used to be yard.


I do hope he intends to do something with this.


I also will definitely need to do something with the driveway up to the shed next year too.  It is really bad, and I almost smashed the front of my truck where it slid down the hill backing up to the shed.


I started to do some work up there today, but didn't get very far before I got rained out.  I started by getting the plumbing test equipment set up until I realized that the compressor and apparently the 1/2" rings are in the car.


I also got the two most difficult pieces of flooring cut for the bathroom.  I started to cut the others, but it started raining.  I think I might need a new miter saw blade too, even though these are cedar, it is smoking with every cut now, even when the boards aren't burned.


Since it is October, I think ti safe to say I do enjoy driving country back roads.  This is South Rd, the back way into the property.


Even the main roads are starting to look pretty.




No real movement on it, but here is the checklist.  I am looking forward to getting back on track this week with real progress.  Even though I got rained out, it was nice being up there and working on it.  The prior day or two I didn't have motivation to do much of anything.

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

2 comments: