Tuesday, October 16, 2018

One of those kinds of days.

Today was one of those kinds of days.  The only good news thus far is that well supposedly overflowed, which means I have plenty of water.  With the well at 300 feet, the pump at 280, he said it would be around 411 gallons in the well itself, assuming only the shaft of the well.  Even that has a downside though; it means a well drain has to be installed. 

The drilling rig is gone.  The ruts are bad.




As for my work, I borrowed some step bits from work and tried to drill the hole.  The bits are waay to short though. 


The larger step bit started at 3/4 inch, so I was using my 3/4 inch bit as a pilot hole.  I somehow managed to bend it.


So I decided to move on to installing the outlet box.  Turns out however that all my electrical stuff is in the car though.  I got the box on, the wires stripped, and that was it. 


Flustered at that point, I decided to take on something easy: zip-tying the plumbing in.  And it popped off all the mounts.





I went up to the town today, and they thankfully said that they didn't care too much about everything being seeded, and as long as it was at least covered up, I should be good to go.  I will likely have to have the skirting done though, since that is one of the things that they look for to make sure it is "permanent" which even though it is a load of hooey, it needed to be done anyways.  So that moved from the winter list to the occupancy list.  I noticed that a lot of the before winter stuff is actually partially done or I won't be doing it.  The guy doing the well will do the heat tapes, the guy doing the apron will likely hardpack the driveway.  The mower is winterized, I already stabilized it and it is up the hill, I just need to find a way to store it.  The slab is clear. 

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

3 comments: