Sunday, October 21, 2018

Brrr.

It was a frosty one today.  I got at late start, still stiff and sore after yesterday, and sleeping for 10 hours didn't help either.  I also spent part of the morning doing bills, my property taxes came in yesterday, and I had a few others to get done, but my checkbook and everything is scattered.

I found out that there is something that I hate more than plumbing.  Doing plumbing when it is freezing out and there is 40mph gusts.  I started to work on it, froze my buns off, and that was the end of it.  Needless to say I didn't get it done. 

Part of what I did this morning was find my drafting stencil for circles.  I needed it to finish the flooring in the bathroom.  It is now complete.  All that is left is the fiberglass, which requires slightly warmer weather.  While I don't expect it to get warm enough to open the place up at this point in the season, I need it warm enough to dedicate a space heater just to curing the resin and not heating the place.  This is what the bathroom floor will look like


I also cleared out the utility room. They are coming up to install the pressure tank tomorrow.


I did a few other odds and ends and organizing.  After taking an unintentional short nap on one of my warm up breaks (I really don't know what it is about my couch, I can't sit on it for any length of time without snoozing), I decided to do something about the colder weather.  My flannel just isn't cutting it in the wind and the freezing temperatures.  So I pulled out the winter tote and grabbed my Carhartt and gloves and a couple of other warmer things.


Because I wimped out in the cold, no movement on the checklist.  There was an error in the previous post, the plumbing was tested a while ago.  Everything that is in progress is really close to completion, so hopefully these things will start closing soon.  I did add a missing task to before occupancy: get the gas installed.  Having hot water and a stove would be nice.

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
  16. Get propane installed.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

1 comment:

  1. Hot water is really good for the shower, especially when you are stiff and sore. cold showers just don't cut it when you are stiff and sore!

    ReplyDelete