Friday, October 26, 2018

No more excavator. Electric didn't go as planned.

The last couple of days I didn't really get any work done.  Yesterday I had a team dinner (I got braised sirloin tips with mushrooms in a cream bourbon sauce on pasta.  Yum).  The night before I was beat and got out late.  The reason I got out late though was that I had a meeting with the septic guy.  He is done for this year.  He intends to come back in the spring to finish smoothing and seeding. 

It does look better, he did hit the slopes again to help smooth them out.  This is the final state of the yard for the year.  The side yard is still bad. 


The front






The hump is where the old foundation was.  I might try to get some fill in there before he comes back. 


He did bring another load in for the driveway too.  I was actually able to make it up with the truck in 2WD today.  I almost didn't, but it made it up.  I think the car will make it up once I get the onion skins off it too.


I left work early today to get some stuff.  I found a place in Hinsdale that had skirting, and went down and picked some up.


Barry also stopped up after work to replace the box.  We finally got the old box off, but I didn't have the proper cap for it so the new box hasn't been installed yet. 


So I decided to try to fire up the generator and test the pressure tank.  It wouldn't start, even after yanking on it for several minutes.  It didn't even try to catch.  Sigh.  I will try it again tomorrow, but I don't have any reason to think it will work.  Which is something else that I will need to get fixed.  I don't really have time to screw with it at this point.


The biggest issue with the generator failure is that it puts a serious wrench in my weekend plans.  I was planning on doing a bunch of interior work this weekend, since it is supposed to really suck weather-wise.  Without the generator though, I can't heat the place and have no lights.  Without those, I can't do the fiberglass (it is far too cold for fiberglass work).  I will need to decide how to proceed.  I don't particularly want to do the skirting in the rain.  It is terrible for my tools, but I might not have a choice.  I can also do the other electric box, the one that mounts on the side of the house, but again, not good to do in the rain.  My best hope is that it is colder enough in Sullivan to be snow to be honest. 

On the apron front, I tried calling another company that apparently doesn't want business, three calls, two voicemails and an email and they haven't responded.  I don't really want to go with Cooper, everything I have heard about the guy and his work is that it is sketchy and expensive, but I might not have a choice if nobody else will even talk to me.  It is kind of frustrating. 

I didn't have a chance to test the well courtesy of my generator and the septic wasn't listed, so no movement on the checklist.

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
  16. Get propane installed.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment