Sunday, October 28, 2018

Not quite.

Today wasn't as rainy as yesterday, but not nice enough to dry things out.  I got a late start, courtesy of my washer.  It decided that the drain hose didn't want to be in the sink anymore, and dumped a bunch of water.  Of course I was running all my towels, so I didn't have anything to clean it up with.  I ended up using an old workshirt.  Grumble. 

One of my coworkers had a project trailer that he didn't have time for anymore, and he only wanted 30 bucks for it, so I snagged it.  I don't have a dump cart for my lawn mower, which is likely this trailer's future.


After that I went up and continued work on the electric.  I got the box mounted flush against the wall, and started wiring it up.  I got everything but the grounds and the neutral wired up, since both needed extra hardware I didn't have.  I had forgotten how much of a pain in the neck 2AWG wire was. 


I drilled some extra holes so that there was less strain on the wires, and realized that I have a problem.  The only tool I have while I have no power is my drill, and the battery is dying.  The problem is that I have no idea where the charger is.  It got packed into a tote, but I don't know which one.  Ugh.  At least I shouldn't need it before power is working again.  There should be enough juice left to mount the other box which is the last thing before power is restored.


I also ran the ground wire.  It was a mess, so I cleaned it up a little too. 


After that I made a Home Depot run.  The sun actually came out while I was there, but it was too late to make much of a difference, other than being nice, since it hasn't been seen in a while.  I headed back up even though it was getting late at that point.  Turns out the neutral adapter I got was the wrong kind, but I at least got the ground bar installed.


On the Home Depot run I inquired about the hot water heater, he said I could order it and when it comes in they would call a contractor.  So it is ordered. 

As Dad commented on the last post, Tractor Supply sells 100lb tanks of propane, which is a good backup plan.  I think I will call a couple of places on Monday and find out who other people use.  See what kind of lead time I would be looking at.  I would like to have the propane in place before the hot water is installed, but the electric is the top priority. 

I don't consider ordering the hot water starting that task, so no movement on the checklist. 

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
  16. Get propane installed.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment