Friday, October 19, 2018

Prepped for tomorrow.

Today was actually a gorgeous day.  Warm enough that I might put off turning on the heat.  I did last night, and it was chilly, 52 in my apartment when I woke up this morning.

Today's septic update:  Zip.  The excavator is in the same spot as it was yesterday.  Given that it was a pretty much perfect day for work outside, I am starting to get annoyed that he doesn't seem to give a damn that he is a month behind schedule.


I went up at lunch and got the people at Home Depot all wound up.  I got 270 feet of direct bury cable.  I will be picking up the trencher tonight.


I got a late start this evening since we went out for a coworker's birthday, and left a little early to do some more work since I didn't even get close to 8 hours today with the wire fiasco at Home Depot, but I did almost finish the outlet.  I found out as I went to button it up, that I have apparently lost the screws for it.  Most annoying.  I am pretty sure I have a spare outlet with the screws in it somewhere.


That was pretty much it.  I left a little early since I have a few things to finish up.  Matt is coming up tomorrow, so I will have help getting the electric done in case the trencher is too wimpy to go through the kinda paved part.  I am actually considering sleeping on the couch up there tonight, it will be warmer (the space heater keeps it around 60 up there).  And I won't have to wake up early.

Unfortunately, since I couldn't finish the outlet, no movement on the checklist.
Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment