Saturday, October 13, 2018

Miserable rain. Water lines good though.

Today wasn't as productive as I hoped.  I tried three times to get the saw set up to do more flooring work in the bathroom, and each time it started raining right afterwards.  I then settled on doing what I could do in the rain.

I started with fixing the light on the dozer blade.


I also finally got around to doing the pressure test on the water lines.  Everything passed.  0 drop after about 5 minutes.


I also went and nailed down everything I had put together before.  I owe Heather some brads, since I am using the ones that were with the stapler.  I also put a strip near the north wall to give it an ever so slight slope towards the back.


The board for the shower drain is marked.  I didn't cut it for the aforementioned rain issues.


I also drew up a template for the supports that go underneath the remaining boards. 


At that point I headed out, which is why this blog post is earlier than normal.  I intend to make a Harbor Freight run tonight, pick up a couple of things, like a dolly to put my washer on, another set of jack stands in case the town makes me take the tires off, those kinds of things.

No movement on the checklist.
Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment