Saturday, October 27, 2018

Wet soggy day.

My hopes for the weather today didn't happen.  Instead of snow, what I got was a mix of snow, sleet, and rain.  And it kept drizzling even long after the radar said that it should have stopped.  It didn't help either that there was a hefty wind blowing either.

It was heaviest in the morning, so I slept in.  I started off when I got there trying to start the generator.  It didn't start.  Another thing to get fixed.  I might consider replacing it too since it was only 150 dollars, doesn't produce like it should (remember my electric testing that kept flipping one of the legs) and is one of the noisiest you can buy.  As I noted above, the wind blew off the roofing panels so I upgraded the covering with a spare piece of T1-11.  Hopefully the extra weight will keep it on.


Much to the chagrin of my cordless drill, I started with the skirting backplate, which is now complete all the way around. 


I also placed the electric box on the outside of the house.  I didn't do the wiring inside it because I really didn't want to introduce water to the power planes, which aren't waterproof.  I can't silicone it yet either, since that requires a half hour until it is rain proof. 


After Dad's comment the other day about the heat tapes, I did more investigation, and I found a controller that wasn't plugged in, it was just sitting behind the tank.  I am thinking this is the heat tapes, but will confirm with the well guy. 


At that point, the water had sogged through my boots and pants.  Thankfully my Carhartt is nearly waterproof and wind proof, but the rest of my attire was not.  Tomorrow isn't supposed to be quite as bad; it is supposed to be a little warmer and the rain is supposedly going to end.  I am going to borrow a masonry bit from Jason to install the tracks, though I am seriously considering just using silicone.  I know it sticks to concrete and to plastic, and doesn't require I put holes in the slab.  I just don't know if it will hold strong enough to keep the skirting in place.

The skirting is now in progress (since I didn't have enough ongoing things already...).  Otherwise no movement on the checklist.  When I stop at Home Depot tonight I might try to get the hot water heater scheduled, though I personally would rather test the water first.  Time is getting really tight though.  I only have about two weeks until I have agreed to be out of the apartment.  Even though it is the more expensive one, this is the water heater that I am looking at:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rheem-Performance-Plus-7-0-GPM-Liquid-Propane-Mid-Efficiency-Indoor-Tankless-Water-Heater-ECO160DVLP3-1/303811994

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
  16. Get propane installed.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

1 comment:

  1. Just an FYI - Tractor Supply has larger (100lb) propane tanks in stock, and you can fill it there and bring it home to hook up. You will need a dolly, of course.

    ReplyDelete