Thursday, October 11, 2018

Why does everything last minute always end up rainy?

Pretty sparing septic update.  It looks like all he did was a little bit of leveling down by the leech field.


I got word today that they can squeeze in the drilling for the well tomorrow.  They won't be installing the pressure tank, but the drilling is the first step.  So I spent all of the spare time I had today clearing off the slab so that they can turn the well drilling truck around up there.  Since this was all last minute and I couldn't put it off at all, it was naturally rainy and miserable.  The first thing I did was take all the wood that got wet and made a bridge.


I also moved the dryer over to the scrap pile.  Courtesy of Tim.  He gave me the idea of just strapping the dryer to hand truck, and it was his hand truck.  Worked like a charm, even though the dryer is too large for to carry on the hand truck normally, I can't reach the other end to tip it back.  I felt kind of bad about it, I might have to buy Tim a new hand truck, his pretty much got submerged once or twice.


The slab isn't quite cleared off, but it is close.  I will have to have one of the well guys help with the snowblower, it is too awkward to put on the hand truck, and I can't really lift it myself.  The tractor and dozer blade, the generator, and the table are the only other remaining big items.  There is some wood chunks and whatnot to clear off too, but I might just drop the dozer blade and push it off and call it a day.

The pictures suck, but it is mostly cleared off.




I got wet.  Very wet. 


Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day.  I am meeting the well guy in the morning at 9:30, going to work, coming back  at 3:30 to meet one of the paving companies.  Barry let me know how much his driveway cost to pave and to be honest it was slightly terrifying.  He said his driveway (under 200 feet) was quoted at 24k by the company coming tomorrow.  Yikes.

Like yesterday, my head is swimming, everything feels like it is going on all at once, but no progress on the checklist.  One good thing to note is that I worked out a deal with my landlord to have the place until Thanksgiving, just in case the town gives me a hassle.

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

3 comments:

  1. think the house will be inhabitable by thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It better be. By then both checklists have to be done, since at that point perma-snow can come at any minute.

      Delete
    2. The house will be livable I am fairly sure. That is enough time even with my lack of progress of late to get it ready. If I am not living in it at that point, it is because of the town.

      Delete