Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Just odds and ends

For starters, it appears that Spectrum won't turn my internet on in the new apartment, because they "can't verify that I live there".  This is despite the fact that they know it is my modem that is connected, and their system doesn't actually give a damn about where the modem is plugged in.  When I was still listed as apartment 1 I could plug in my modem in another building and it would still work.  They tried calling the former residents and didn't get anything, and I don't have a lease, so I am probably not going to bother.  I could probably get a letter from the landlord that would satisfy them, but I don't really think it is worth it.  Grrrr.  So I will be doing all my updates from work.  It also means that I will be off grid every night (no cell reception at the apartment).  Emailing me (use gmail, not yahoo) is the best bet, since I can't check Facebook and things like that on my work computer.

Today was mostly just running around.  I signed the work order for the well.  They think they can squeeze it in on Friday if the containment pit is done.  While it was marked yesterday, he didn't dig it today. 


Today's septic update is that my yard is no more.


He is in the process of attaching the tank and the leech field.  There is a zig zag in it, it looks like he found a giant rock.


The leech field is largely done.


He installed a vent.  I hope it isn't permanent.  I am not sure what it is for though.


I think it might be time for a new tarp.  Everything here was covered.


I have hopefully everything but the fiberglass necessary to complete the bathroom though. 


Even though I couldn't find them online, I did stop into Home Depot today, and they do have 24" cabinets, so I don't need to do any emergency floorplan modifications.  I didn't see a 24" sink base, but I am guessing they can order one in.  I should pull my sink out of the shed and make sure it will fit though.

I started probing about getting the apron paved, but haven't heard anything back from anyone yet.

The well is now in progress.  I have a lot of things going concurrently on the checklist.
Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment