Saturday, November 3, 2018

Blustery day.

It has been a couple of days since I got up there.  Thursday I felt awful, so I left work early and went directly home and to bed.  Friday I felt better but had to make up Thursday's hours, and while I made a quick trip up to make sure the rain didn't cause any breakers to flip, didn't get any work done.

Today I got a later start.  I made a mess when cooking breakfast and ended up having to mop my kitchen (that dozen eggs didn't last very long...), but I got up there late in the morning.  The wind was howling today, we had a wind advisory in effect.  We also got a lot of rain.  Cause, you know, we needed it, the hill I am on isn't under water yet.  My back yard has almost literally turned into a creek.


My actual creek is very very high.  This was as close as I could get due to the mud.  Maybe I should add rubber boots to my Christmas list...


It was windy too.

I did get a lot of work done despite the weather though.  I got the bathroom floor done.  I was nervous at first, since the extra quart I had only covered a little bit.  Fortunately, I had enough.  I have very little resin left though.  I tried a different technique I read on the internet this time.  Instead of putting the resin down with the brush, pour the resin on and spread it with the brush.  It definitely goes on thicker that way, so I won't need another layer of resin.


The whole bathroom floor is done.  Normally you would sand and do another layer to smooth it out, but I don't actually want to smooth it, since if I do, I will likely end up on my bum when I go to shower, so I will probably leave the rough surface.


I couldn't quite get this to fill like I wanted.  I will have to put in some trim and silicone.


After that I decided to move my long extension cord, the two 100 footers I was previously powering the house with.  I now have power up at the shed.  It is routed through the back yard and off to the side, so I won't run over it anymore.  I have the light fixtures from my old apartment in there, I just need to find some bulbs for them.


It even fits under the door.


At that point, I had a visitor.  The big ball of gas in the sky decided to come out.  At least for a few minutes.


I turned my attention to skirting.  I cut the first few pieces by hand with the tin snips, but I was having a lot of issues with it shattering the vinyl.  So I dragged my sawhorses and stuff out of the wetlands that is the side yard.  The circular saw did a better job, though it still chips some.  It is much faster too.


I got the first bit of skirting done.  I think I cut the first few pieces (on the left) a little too tall, but I am not going to worry about it until it gives me trouble.


I also got the top part installed around the hose spicket.  There is an issue here though that I will deal with next year: I need to actually mount this so it doesn't spin.  Kind of unfortunate, since this actually looks really nice.


At that point I was out of daylight.  I could cut more pieces since I do have an exterior light, but I don't have the track installed to do anything with them, so I called it a day.

Cooper was supposed to come up today to do the final measuring for the apron, but he postponed it to tomorrow due to the weather, but I at least have the ball rolling on that front.  My hot water heater has arrived, so I will be heading out tonight to go pick it up and have Home Depot find a contractor to install it.  I hope to finish the plumbing and laying the track for the skirting tomorrow.  If I at least finish the drain line, I can install the rest of the bathroom and then I would be a lot less hesitant to stay up there. 

The floor pan for the bathroom is complete, and the hot water heater will be in progress tonight.  I also forgot to mark off the heat tapes previously.  They were done with the well.

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
  16. Get propane installed.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment