Tuesday, November 27, 2018

I am beginning to dislike the snow.

I almost lost the tractor in PA (the ratchet strap came loose and it was sitting on the cinch strap at the end of the trailer) but everything made it home OK.  The ramps came loose, but I just tossed them in the bed of the truck.  I pretty much just came home and crashed.

Everything on Monday was supposed to be rain.  That didn't turn out to be the case.  It was rain when I got home from work, so I started unpacking (I don't have enough space to just let things sit around) and when I finished that up, I was intending to go out and finish working on the snowblower.  This is what I was met with:


Grumbling, I unloaded the tractor, and found that the arm Dad noticed was loose (the one with the chute controls) had actually come off.  One of the bolts was sheared completely off.  Dismayed, and not wanting to drive in that I at least decided to do something productive and got my washing machine set up.  I intend to test it tonight.


I went out today and got a new bolt and shear pins and put them in at lunch.  Fired it up, and it got about 2 feet before the belt started smoking.  It is too loose somewhere.  I am guessing it is the top belt (the one directly connected to the PTO) but haven't confirmed it.  Dismayed, I returned to work.


It snowed all night last night and the bank at the end of my driveway is at the bumper, so I need to do something about it.  I still think I should get this working, but I need something now so I am looking at snowblowers on Craigslist.  These would replace the little 5HP that I never got around to fixing, but will work in a pinch.  This is the current leading candidate:
https://nh.craigslist.org/grq/d/yard-machine-snowblower-8hp/6757210776.html

It is supposed to be above freezing during the days for the rest of the week, so the hose idea is looking more and more tempting...  The truck goes in tomorrow for new tires and its annual servicing, so I can't go to the quarry tomorrow, but might pick up that snowblower tomorrow. 

Snow isn't on the checklist, so no movement.

1 comment:

  1. can the dozer blade from your tractor be mounted to my tractor?

    ReplyDelete