Sunday, November 4, 2018

Overall a very productive weekend.

Even though my internal clock has been daylight lost time, I still had a good productive day.  It was a little chilly to start the day, but it warmed up nice. 

The water heater is sitting there.  It is bigger than I expected, or at least the box is.


I then finally finished the plumbing.  I made an error, but hopefully it won't be a problem.  The left side has under a half inch in the pipe because the elbow was installed at a slightly incorrect angle.  Just in case you forgot, I really hate plumbing.


At which point I finished the track for the skirting.


I got the front complete.  I really hope I never have to take the front apart, it is a real pain to get the panels in around the frame.


Unfortunately the guy I bought the skirting from didn't have the corner pieces.  So it will look like this for the year.


I worked well past dark under the exterior light, but the temperature became a problem.  This was my queue that it was getting too cold.  Courtesy of daylight losing time though, I might not have a choice, since even if I leave on time now it will be dark when I get out.


I still managed to get about half of the far side done.  The skirting is half done in total.  The remaining work is the easy part though.  Just cutting the panels.  The circular saw makes quick work, and the obstacles were mostly in the front.  The only remaining obstacle is one small one where the electric comes out.


On the contracting front: Keating should be calling me tomorrow about installing the water heater.  I met with Cooper today.  He said the apron could be done tomorrow, but it would cost a little extra at this point, since he already winterized his equipment.  The town saved me a few hundred with them dumping the extra gravel in the driveway, but it will still probably come in just north of 3 grand.  I don't really have a choice though.  I also intend to at least ask him how much he would charge to hardpack the rest of the driveway, though my money is starting to dry up.  I am definitely glad I got that extra 3k when I got the loan for the septic.  I still have 8k in my checking account, but 4k is still outstanding on the septic, and then 3k for the driveway.  I will get 1800 back from the town when the apron is done, but I am not sure that will be enough to hard pack the driveway.  Time will tell I suppose.

The waste line is complete, and the apron is underway at this point. 
Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
  16. Get propane installed.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yup. At this point, I can install the bathroom fixtures, at which point I could live there, all I need a is a microwave and fridge, both of which I have. The skirting is the last checkbox for the town, since i am guessing the apron will be done first.

      Delete