Saturday, November 17, 2018

Clearing snow and odds and ends.

I spent a good chunk of the day clearing snow.  Since I haven't cleared the driveway, I really really hope that it melts off soon.  I didn't even try to hide the fact that I am staying there last night.


Even though we only got about 4-5 inches up there, the truck was dragging on the way up.  I need to fix the driveway.


I spent a good chunk of the morning shoveling.


The storm naturally brought wind, and the skirting blew across the yard.  Thankfully it was partially still on the slab, so I was able to locate it.


I then fired up the tractor and did the slab.  It did a surprisingly good job considering there were no chains on it or anything.


This stuff is kind of in the way.  I moved it back a bit.


I didn't need to do anything with the roof.  It took care of itself.


After that I went inside and made a bunch of little livable updates.  The first thing I did was fix enough of the plumbing under the sink to make the sink usable.  It still leaks a little if you pour a lot of water in all at once, but it is generally usable.


I also installed the water filter.


The water looks much better.  I took a swig and it tasted fine.


I also did a bunch of other little things, cleaned up the kitchen a little, put up some hooks to hang things.  I also hooked up my computer.  I can now watch movies, play music and stuff again.  I haven't hooked up the receiver yet though.


I checked my badge on the way in and they haven't turned it back on yet for the gym, which is annoying.  With the water filter in now though, I can drink and use the water a

Most of these things were just moving in type things, so no movement on the checklist.  I hope to pick up the
  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment