Thursday, November 29, 2018

Yet another snowblower

I bought the snowblower that I mentioned in the last post yesterday.  It runs good, kind of a pain to start without the electric start though.  It is a bit of a monster though.  The 8HP engine is not lacking for power.  Which makes it odd that it doesn't throw the snow that far.  At the end of the driveway it struggles to reach the edge.  It doesn't really throw any further than the 5HP worn out one I used last year.  It is also geared kind of funny.  First gear is a very brisk walk.  It is too fast.  Reverse however is kind of poky, even R2.  I might consider getting chains for it.  It would make it easier to use, the wheels struggled with bite going uphill.




I did a chunk of the top of the driveway.  My truck turned around a lot easier this morning. 


I tried to do between the ruts.  It didn't do so great.  The underside of my truck has packed it down so much that it had trouble digging in.  It is better, but the truck still scrapes in a few spots.


I started doing the end of the driveway.  It is mostly done.


I didn't quite finish everything though.


I also did over by the mailbox so my postal guy doesn't whine. 


I think I found out why it was still hanging around.  The snowblower was $250 online, but the slip on it was for $400.  At $400 I wouldn't have even looked at it.  I only paid the $250.


As I mentioned yesterday, snow removal isn't on the checklist, so no movement there.  Stay tuned, there might be another update tonight, this was actually yesterday's update.

3 comments:

  1. so the mower with attachment is a bust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say that. I need to check the belt setup; it just needs some minor adjustments. If I can get that working (it spun freely when I left KY with it), I could do everything in the time it took me to do just what was done here.

      Delete
    2. I was just unfortunately at the point where I needed something immediately, and needing minor adjustments doesn't fit immediately.

      Delete