Saturday, November 10, 2018

I can now not be full of crap.

Today was bitterly cold.  Barely made it above freezing, a 30+ mph wind all day.  And it was raining in the morning even though it was all supposed to move out last night.  So I decided to work inside today. 


So it turned out I wasn't gipped, the bolts were in the wax ring, which of course I discovered after I went and bought another set.  Grrrr.  So I got toilet in.


When I turned the water on it was kind of crummy.  I don't remember it being that bad when I looked at it when the well was drilled.  That being said, there were no leaks inside or underneath the house which I also checked.


I then installed the sink. 


I apparently mismeasured the pex for the hot water line.  Doh!


The water is all hooked up now, except for the drain.  I put a towel down and tested the cold and it worked good. 




I also installed my smoke detector.


I flushed the toilet dozens of times today, it looked like it started to clear up a tiny bit.  It looks like it was sediment.  Once I get one of the sinks finished I will just let it run for a while to hopefully clear everything out.


The bathroom fixtures are nearly complete.  I scouted out the cabinets at Home Depot, they have everything I need except the sink base.  I am debating what to do tomorrow.  I think I am going to get the sink and fridge out of the shed.  I came across a squirrel in the shed today, but I will need at least a fridge and a microwave, since I have to move out of the apartment Monday.

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install electric.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Well prep work.
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install skirting.
  12. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  13. Install kitchen sink.
  14. Install kitchen appliances.
  15. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
  16. Get propane installed.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install heat tapes.
  5. Build some sort of porch.
  6. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  7. Fix snowblower.  
  8. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  9. Clear slab
  10. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

2 comments:

  1. whats the word on your Hot water tank?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be calling another guy Monday. If not I will just have the propane company do it when they install the tank.

      Delete