Thursday, November 15, 2018

Not a lot of progress the last couple of days.

I am still waiting to hear back from the town on the occupancy permit.  Not sure what is taking them so long, but given their track record I can't say that I am surprised.

My current sink drain, and showering mechanism.  Courtesy of Taco Bell.


I started to install the sink drain and all that, but it leaks like a sieve.  I also didn't realize that sink drains were only 1 and a quarter inches, so I need like four adapters to get it to 2 inches, which is what the plumbing is.  All those adapters get in the way of the pex, so I need to figure something out.  Unfortunately I appear to have forgotten to get a picture of it. 

I picked up a few light covers today.  They were on closeout, and I know why now.  They stink.  They block almost a third of the light coming out, and they don't like to sit all the way up against the ceiling. 


It isn't big enough to cover up the oopsy I made installing the light either.


I also picked up a whole house filter today too.  I got it assembled, but not installed.  At the current moment I can't even get into the laundry room. 


Unfortunately we are supposed to get half a foot of snow tonight.  Since my driveway isn't currently clearable even if I had the snowblower working and it would be impossible to hide the tire tracks as well, so I decided to stay in a hotel in town tonight.  It will be nice to have a real shower too.

No movement on the checklist.  I did talk to Rymes, and they won't touch the gas lines either.  I have Greg talking to his guy, but it is looking more and more like I will have to do all the gas work, which is unfortunate.  I might call discount oil back since they only get axed because of the time frame.

  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment