Sunday, December 2, 2018

Mostly just odds and ends this weekend.

The weather this weekend was awful.  Saturday was sleeting most of the day, which turned to freezing rain which finally turned over to rain this afternoon.  So I didn't go out for most of the weekend.  Instead I did some odds and ends.  The first being installing a medicine cabinet in the bathroom.  Unfortunately it looks like it didn't come with the pegs for the shelves, which is annoying.  They are less than a buck, so I won't bother returning it for that, but it is still annoying


I also set up a humidifier.  Decent ones are getting hard to find, so I ended up with a cheap one.


I also finally ran laundry.  Even though I forgot to report it, you can tell from the towels on the floor that the drain hose leaked a lot the first time I tested it a few days ago.  It is now working good.


While that was running I went to install some of the electrical cover plates.  Looks like I need to get the jumbo ones.


I will eventually need to find a better way to deal with this.  This doesn't really fit here, and will be in the way when I get the kitchen done.



Today I did some snowblowing.  I also noticed that apparently at some point in the last week, I had another tree come down. 


The bathroom is nearly complete at this point.  It is just a matter of completing the sealing, since the shower rod and whatnot are already there.
  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment