Thursday, December 6, 2018

More odds and ends

All in all I haven't been doing too much during the week, since I haven't gotten a lot of free time, since I have to go to work to shower, and have started hitting the gym as well.

I did finish the medicine cabinet.  I picked up the wood to do the other set of shelves in the bathroom, but haven't gotten around to it yet.


I also got some larger electric covers.  Some still don't have complete coverage, the ones where I oopsied I will still have to figure something out for, but most of them can be covered with the larger sized covers.


The other major thing that I did this week was getting my car up at the property.  It had been sitting at the apartment.  It is now parked at the bottom of the hill.  Considering it almost got stuck parking there, I think it is safe to say I probably won't drive it much until I get snow tires on it.


Speaking of snow tires, I just got new snows for my truck.  Ouch.  Along with some other servicing (oil change and tranny flush) it came to a grand.  Ouch.   Good thing I don't have a rent payment anymore.  At least the truck drives nice and my rims are the cleanest they have been since I bought it.  The car goes in next week to get its tires swapped over.  It should be cheap.

I changed out my water filter tonight, even though it is only a few weeks old.  My water the last few days has gotten extremely metallic.  Even the instant tea mix has trouble masking it...  I can't find my Brita pitcher, but might want to pick up one of the big filters.  I am not sure I have enough space for a big Culligan softener/filter, but even with the new filter, while it was better, it still tastes like it has rust and a lot of copper in it.  And I forgot to nab a picture, but the toilet is turning orange.

Despite several calls, Dead River company has yet to send me a quote for installing the water heater.  Greg knows a guy who, while he freely admitted he hasn't done tankless and it might take longer than an experienced guy, was willing to do it.  I originally hesitated since he doesn't have a lot of experience with gas work either (which he did mention when first approached about the job), but since I haven't gotten anywhere with anyone else, willing to do the job and not costing an arm and a leg is a good start.  They really aren't complicated.

Progress has been slow, but the big rush is over, so I really don't mind.  When I do the kitchen, I am still considering replacing the fridge.  Even after a month of being in service, it still smells strongly of mice when running.  I had hoped it would dissipate with time.  I also don't really need 18 cubic feet.  I could easily get by with 10.

  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment