Friday, December 21, 2018

Last minute stuff before Christmas trip.

So for some reason having the last couple of days off messed with my schedule, and I did my packing today, so I guess I will be heading over to Aunt's and Uncles early tomorrow, by lunch if Aunt reads it.  So I didn't get much done today on the house.  Originally I was supposed to work through Friday when the trip was planned, but I ended up not taking one of the vacation days during Thanksgiving due to working long hours, and got another free day this week, though working 2 12 hour days isn't really free.

I did get more work done on the bed frame.  I picked up the 2x10.  It is too big for my miter saw.  I ended up doing one side and then flipping it and doing the other.


I also completed the shelves in the bathroom.


This allowed me to unpack the bathroom box.  Even with both of these, I still have less storage than the old apartment, but still more than adequate.


The other big thing I did was a water test.  Nothing too surprising came of it.  My water was actually pretty good today.  I will be doing another one when it is bad.  Sometimes the water looks like there is gas or something in it (there is a film on top that gives you the rainbow effect when you look at it) but it wasn't like that today.
As expected, the copper was obnoxiously high.  The iron was also really high.


The rest of the tests all came out good.  No chlorine, no nitrates or nitrites, and oddly enough it came in almost perfect PH and not hard. No lead or pesticides either.




Here is the scorecard.


Unfortunately I did not read the instructions before running the bacteria test.  It takes 48 hours to complete, so it will be done around the time we hit Maryland.  Oops.  On its face, it looks good.  Red at the bottom is good, dissolving and turning yellow is bad.


I also installed the boards to help reduce drafts from the ceiling.




Speaking of heating, my first real heating bill came in.  For November, my power bill was 180 dollars.  Not bad, it was a fairly cold November.  Last winter my power bills were in the neighborhood of 80 dollars, though a lot of that is because I had service in two locations.

It was nice and warm today and rainy.  I am glad it wasn't snow to be honest.  My snow isn't all gone (this is still the stuff from Thanksgiving) but it is close.  If the rain keeps going it might not make it to Christmas.


The creek is high.  Very high.




My tire tracks have become a river.


I did fine some good news though.  I found my license plate for the trailer.  It had been washed into the front hedge.


I also put the extra wheel weights in the back of my truck.


This is my last post before Christmas, so have a Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment