Thursday, January 3, 2019

Happy belated new year.

I was kind of lazy after returning from KY.  I have gotten a few things done though.

The main thing is the bed frame.  I have it nearly completed, though it isn't installed yet.  It looks nice.  I really like the way birch looks. 

It has a 2x4 frame 12" on center
 

I also made some supports for the part connected to the wall.

Even though it looks nice, I think I took the wrong approach to building it.  The frame is heavy.  Really heavy.  I could have easily gotten some metal brackets that are rated for 1200 lbs, put the 2x10 on them directly and eliminated the 2x8.  Likewise, the frame itself seems a bit overkill.  If you think about how a boxspring is built, they aren't nearly that overbuilt.  And I will have to haul this thing up and down every day.

I got the PVC cut and ready to instal under the sink.  I swapped out the threaded 1.25 to 1.5 fitting I got at Humble for the other fitting I got from Home Depot.  I just need to find my PVC cement.  I thought it was in the truck, but couldn't find it in there.

I also bought a new aerator the sink that didn't fit.  I broke it or something when I cleaned it.  At the moment I have the whole thing removed, so I can make sure I get the right size.  I thought bathroom sinks were standard in size, but I was wrong.

No real movement on the checklist.  I am hoping to complete the bed frame during the week.  This will enable me to do some of the kitchen and get the place cleaned up.   
  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment