Monday, January 7, 2019

Nice to finally sleep in my own bed again.

I did manage to finish the bed frame last night.  I might consider adding some corner hinges that will lock the legs at a certain angle (similar to the hinges on a briefcase so you can't open it too far), to help prevent the legs from moving once set, but with rubber feet on the bottom and the sheer weight of the bed frame it wasn't a huge deal.

Folded up.


Down for sleeping.  When I first folded it down, this was a weird issue to have.  Once there are pillows and stuff on the bed, I don't think this will be an issue.


Apparently my mattress isn't the standard size for a full size bed.  I double checked the measurements, and the platform is the standard size.


It was nice to sleep on the bed for a change.  It is more comfortable than the couch.  One thing that is worth noting is that the heat pump is blowing directly on me.  The hair on my back kept getting blown on, which feels weird.  I will get used to it though. 

Along those lines though, the coldest night of the winter was last night, down into single digits, and the wind was howling too.  The place was still at temperature when I got up, but it felt cold, and the thermometer in the laundry room read 62 (it is normally 64-65).  The heat pump wasn't at 100% duty cycle, so I don't think it has hit its limit, but it is cold enough to make the floor feel cold and the place to feel colder, even if it did hold 64 near the heat pump.  It is supposed to be down around 0 as the weekend approaches, so we shall see.  So far so good.

I picked up new aerator for the bathroom sink.  I am hoping to complete the bathroom shelves tonight after the gym or tomorrow.  I also purchased a right angle shower curtain.  The dual bar setup I had was obnoxious, and the cheap shower curtain rods didn't stick on the plastic on the walls worth a damn, it has fallen off twice.

The bed frame is done, though I might make a few improvements to it, like adding another step to the ladder, rounding some corners so I don't scraped or bang my head when it is up, those kinds of things, but it is done enough that I am going to move on to bathroom improvements, and hopefully start working on the kitchen. 


  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment