Sunday, January 6, 2019

Bed off the floor. A lot of cleaning and organizing this weekend.

The weather Saturday was pretty nasty.  It started off as rain, which was fine, but then turned to freezing rain and sleet.  So I didn't go anywhere on Saturday.  Today was one of those days where every time I got the saw set up, it started snowing.

I did manage to get the platform attached. 


The bed is now off the floor.  Unfortunately, the u-bolt I bought was too short, so it is just tied off directly at the moment.  It is very heavy, but I think I can manage it just fine.  The cleat didn't tear out of the wall, so it is fine.  Maybe someday I will rebuilt it a little thinner, but that is very low priority.


I also did a bunch of cleaning and whatnot.  The place is a lot more open with the bed off the floor.





Today I did a little bit more cleaning and stuff, but did get everything cut.
I have everything cut for the other part of the bed.  I might be able to sleep on my bed tonight.


The water blocks for  the bathroom.  This will allow me to finish sealing the floor.


I also have everything cut for the other set of shelves.  Due to an unfortunate equipment failure, it isn't installed.


I also have the supports for the bathroom sink shelf cut. 


I did have a few casualties as well this weekend.  My pilot bit.


My air hose died as well.  I think I have another one, I just need to find it. 


No real movement on the checklist.  Hopefully I get out of the gym early enough to finish the bed frame and sleep in my bed tonight.
  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

1 comment: