Monday, January 21, 2019

Storm wasn't bad.

Despite the supposed snowpocalypse we were supposed to get, it really wasn't that bad.  It was light fluffy powder and there was a lot of wind coming through, so it is difficult to say for sure how much we got, but is around a foot.  Because of the wind, the roof cleared itself. 

The snowblower started second pull, and no oddities with how it ran, so I went and got a lot of it cleared.  I thought I was in for a rough evening last evening when I broke a shear pin in the first two feet on the slab, but afterwards it was fine.  I got a good chunk of the slab cleared (though not all of it), the upper portion of the driveway, made a pass down to the bottom, and got the bottom portion cleared.  As I was finishing it up though, the snowblower broke.  I lost the hitch pin that connects the gear selection lever to the transmission side.  It is naturally a smaller size than the ones that I had lying around.  It defaults to 6th gear when there is nothing to hold it in place, so I just finished up the bottom and then did a burnout all the way up the hill. 

That isn't supposed to dangle like that.


I was able to just drive over the part I didn't finish (the part with the ruts) on the way in, so it wasn't a big deal.  I picked up the pin, though it is -5 as I am writing this, so I might not finish the snowblowing until tomorrow when the temperature is positive.  The high for today was -1.  There is more crap moving in Wednesday though, so I will have to finish it tomorrow.

1 comment: