Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The snow may not have won, but the cold did.

While it never got too cold inside, the heat pump was able to keep up, I did have issues with the cold.  All the water lines in the wall froze.  Even the bathroom, which has heat blowing in it and has no obstructions, had the shower freeze.  They thawed out today, and thankfully don't appear to have split, but it is still January and I will have to do something about it.  I think I will just pick up some XPS insulation and put it up until spring when I can open up the wall and make it thicker.

I also noticed when snowblowing tonight that I now know what was wrong with the gearing on the snowblower.  The arm that selects the gear was bent.  I had a hell of a time getting it back together with the new pin, but I now realized that what was happening before was that the slot for 1st gear was actually 4th.  I also complained about reverse being worthless before, because R2 was inaccessible.  I figured this out because it changed when I was wrenching on it to get it back together.  1st gear is now R1 (yes, I put it in 1st and it goes in reverse) but I do actually have 1st gear now (it is now 2nd) which made the clearing tonight a lot easier.  I have lost 6th gear now, but I never really used it anyways.


I did finish the snowblowing though.  I even got the part with the ruts reasonably well, and didn't break any shear pins. 


The top is completed too now.  You can even see in the background where it winds up the hill, I did a path up to the shed as well.


It is supposed to get really warm and rain tomorrow evening into Thursday, so I will hopefully be able to get the insulation up without too much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment