Friday, December 14, 2018

Sadly unproductive week.

After pulling a dad and working 12 days straight (most of the time over 10 hours a day), there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I am taking an extra day off next week regardless of whether of everything is complete or not. 

The only thing I have done this week was investigate the smell that I previously thought was from the fridge.  It had gotten significantly worse, to the point where I had to open the windows for fresh air.  Turns out the issue was from the plumbing.  It never crossed my mind that the shower drain didn't have water in the p-trap, and there is no p-trap in the kitchen yet.  The traps are what prevent sewer gasses from leaking back in.  After filling the shower drain and covering the kitchen drain, it smells much better in the house now. 

I think I will install the water heater myself at this point.  I might grab Greg's guy, but they really aren't complicated.  I mostly just wanted a professional to do the gas line work.  Doing compression fittings is one thing (that is all the CSST is), but the rest of the installation requires sediment traps and other things.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not as bad for you, you get paid by the hour. I don't. I only get undertime.

      Delete