Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Some odds and ends done for the ceiling.

Today was weird.  It was hotter than it was supposed to be, but it was still only in the 80s, it was just obnoxiously humid.  It wasn't terrible at the property though, there was a pretty steady stout wind.

I got these done.  These are the supports for the wiring so I don't have to staple a crapload of wires.


The first was a pain.  I put the wires in first and then tried to slide it up and install it.  That was a mistake.


I did the second differently.  This worked better.


Go figure, it rained.  Not a cloud above me.


Got the wiring done.


I then moved on to installing the light fixtures.  I quickly realized when I went to install them that I didn't have the trim pieces.  I might see if Mike Kelley has the other pieces.


I also installed the support beam for the kitchen light fixture.  This is just a light bar, similar to what you normally see in a bathroom.


At that point it was almost 8, so I went home.  Normally I get hungry before then, but apparently not today.  The light fixtures are started at least.
  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Install wall insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/whatever).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment