Sunday, July 29, 2018

Not very productive day.

I got a late start, I apparently was tired from the week, and didn't roll out of bed until after double digits.  I also went up to look at a dishwasher.  It was a nice portable Maytag.  It was a portable one, but normally they are convertible, just remove the casters and the countertop, but this one did not appear to be convertible unfortunately, the dishwasher had to be disassembled and removed from the shell to remove the countertop.  I couldn't figure out how to remove the casters, but it was likely the same.  I suppose a hacksaw might work for the casters, but that could end very poorly for the countertop.  Oh well, they seem to keep showing up, I will get one eventually. 

After that I went up to get some work done.  One thing I have been monitoring is the mouse population in the house.


I didn't get too much done unfortunately.  I started with wiring in the lights.  They didn't take too kindly to 12 gauge wire, they were clearly designed for 14-16 gauge, but the clips appear to be holding and are making good contact.


I also tried to put up some of the insulation, but it turns out my stepstool is a little too short to be effectively used.  I thought I had a step ladder at home, but I can't seem to find it, but I do have a chair that I can use and will bring up tomorrow.

Around 330 or so another round of purple was coming in on the radar, so I decided not to wait it out up there.  I started on the design for the bathroom and the interior wall, created a BOM, and I did go and pick up the wood for the first part of the interior wall, I am going to use 2x3 for it, which is the minimum thickness required for electrical boxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment