Saturday, July 7, 2018

Next piece of flooring ready.

Today was a really nice day.  Unfortunately one of my short breaks turned into a hour long blink, but it was nice.  I got a bit of a late start, and something I ate yesterday didn't play nice so I made a couple of pit stops during the day.  I also went up to pick up a fridge that the ad said it worked, it was just like the one we had in NY, a Hotpoint.  When he plugged it in though, the compressor didn't start, so I didn't take it.

I then finished up the XPS insulation and got another piece of the fiberglass in the main floor in.

The side has enough pieces in for the next sheet of plywood as well.

I then got to work on the flooring.  It was kind of a pain.  I decided to work on the dryer outside instead of kludging something together with the truck tailgate 

The piece is dry fitted though.  They don't fit as nice in this orientation (I had to trim it three times to make it perfect), but it is dry fitted.  I won't glue it down until the gas lines are done though just in case.  

The glyphosate has continued to deteriorate the mass of knotweed.

The ones in the front haven't grown in days, and some the leaves are starting to brown.  I might not do it all this year, but at least I know it can kill the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment