Sunday, July 8, 2018

Short day. Out of materials.

I started off filling in the rest of the pest block around the gas line. 




I also filled in around the hose.


And a spot around the drain pipe I missed the first time, where it didn't expand like I expected.


I also completed the XPS installation to 100% including the sides.




And put in the rest of my remaining insulation.  I had enough to finish one side, and one more batt in the center portion. 


As I was doing the side, I realized I did something incredibly stupid.  Like worse than rookie levels of stupid.  Trivia question: what is wrong with this picture?


At that point I was out of insulation.  I have one piece of XPS left, which is complete.  I am out of floor insulation, so I was looking for what I had left I could do.  I started by putting in the last can of spray foam that I had.


I also had silicone left, so I finished sealing in the windows.


I made a shopping list, which is quite long, and then called it a day.  It was still early, but but I looked at the parking lot of Home Depot on the way home and decided nah.  I will stop in when I go grocery shopping tonight.

To answer the trivia question above, if you said I put the screws right through the pipe, you are a winner.  Unfortunately I already returned the PEX crimpers, but I got the hangers removed so I cut off the piece that I just screwed up and recrimp it.  I am out of cinch clamps for the 3/4", so those are on the shopping list.  While it was a really stupid mistake, I am at least glad I found it before I turned the water on.  I never tested the PEX connections, since I knew the way I was doing it was sound (same process as the repair I did at Christmas), and pressure testing those lines would be a real pain.


With the foam board complete, that is another tick off the checklist.
  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install wall insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
    1. Install foam board 
    2. Install floor insulation.
    3. install plywood.
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/whatever).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment