Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Not very productive, but nice and cool.

I worked from home today, so I was nice and comfy all day.  My chair isn't quite as comfortable as the one I have at work, but it was nice to be in a cool place all day, and reasonably undisturbed.  Quite productive.  The downside of working from home though is that I worked a bit of a long day since I felt bad for getting distracted.  I ran laundry, did my dishes, stuff like that.  Most of it was during meetings though.  But since I worked slightly later, I ate dinner before going up.

Turns out it rained today so it wasn't a big deal.  It wasn't supposed to.  It did take a lot of temperature out of the air, but increased the humidity.


Taking a look at the weed killer I put down yesterday, you can't really tell.  There is no change in the weed line.


The part down by the road continued to grow several inches in the last day.


It rained enough that there was water in the back of the truck, so I wasn't going to put flooring in it.  It also rained enough to leave puddles, so I am not going to mow the back.


It took a lot longer to fix the mower than I expected.  I wrapped the strap on it pretty good.  On the far side it actually got sucked up into the spindle.  I tried to unwrap it, which didn't work.  I tried to cut it off.  That didn't work.  I ended up dropping the deck and taking the blade off, which was annoying.  The blades were still in ok shape, even though I never sharpened them this year.


It is off though.


I also went to Home Depot to go shopping for paneling, since that will be coming up as soon as the flooring is finished.  Suffice it to say I was disappointed.  Most notably the complete lack of rigid options.

This was probably the best option.


The have the white striped stuff, which looked kinda nice, and was rather rigid, but is awfully expensive.


They had a cheaper version made of paper mache and about as sturdy as wet construction paper.


This was even wimpier.


I could just go with pressboard.  It is reasonably cheap, I would paint it.


I was intending to use the cheaper version of it for the ceiling, just painted white.


Something else I have considered is just using plywood and a white stain.  The birch looks really nice.


Stain it with antique white.


Or maybe just a bleached one.


There are other cheaper options though.


I apparently didn't take a picture of it, but they do have the underlay, like what I used for the back of the kitchen cabinets I made for mom and dad.  Not sure if that is rigid enough for wall board though.  I could also put that up as a stop gap and then panel it later (which is actually the intended installation for most paneling these days).

Tomorrow I intend to wrap up the pressure testing, and if the heat continues like it is supposed to, I will probably finish the mowing as long as it dries up enough.  It dries up quickly when it is 95 and sunny.  If I am ambitious, the next piece of flooring will be installed.

I haven't decided which one yet, but I am going to go with a click in laminate flooring between the cost savings and the weight savings.

2 comments:

  1. the weed killer takes about a week to turn stuff brown, at least in the driveway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be a problem. In a week those will be as tall as I am.

      Delete