Sunday, July 1, 2018

The heat won.

It was hot today.  Really hot.  It was 97 when I left according to my truck.  It is hard to read because of the lighting, but it is there.


I also found out that idling the AC in the truck doesn't work worth a damn.  I am guessing the engine RPMs are too low and it never kicks the compressor on full.  It would cool, but very very poorly.  So I went for a trips around the block when I got too hot to continue. 

I made an attempt to cool the place, but it failed miserably.  It was able to pull a degree or two out, but that was about it.  It didn't help that I could feel the heat radiating down from the roof though. 


Also unfortunate that I had to leave the door open a crack to get the power in.


The heat has had other effects as well.  Apparently the ridge board has started leaking sap.




My backup cooling plan also failed.  The creek was quite high three days ago when the storms came through.


Speaking of those storms, I apparently lost a tree when they went through.  Thankfully it fell away from the shed.


Despite the heat though, I did make some progress.  The rough-in for the gas lines is complete.  The hangers are in too.  I also hung the plumbing since they were being annoying.  I just need to pressure test it.






Even though it was only 4:30, I had long since run out of liquid, and had a headache and was getting nauseous, signs that it was time to go.  Disappointingly, the AC at my apartment can't even keep up, they were both running full tilt when I got home and it was still almost 80.  I didn't even shut them off during the day like I normally do.


The flooring can wait for the heat to break.  Tomorrow is supposed to be just as miserable, so I might just go and mow the yard.  It has been two weeks since the front was last done and even longer in the back, where it is now up to my knees.

2 comments: