Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Plumbing fixed. TV installed.

I didn't get up there until after 6, but Jason gave me a good tip on how to remove the crimps.  Use a screwdriver and pop it off the teeth.  After beating on them for half an hour last night, I had them both off in about 5 minutes.


I got them reattached and rehung, not through the pipe this time.  I remember it being more difficult to clamp them, but it went pretty smooth this time.


One thing I managed to do last night after posting was I got the new TV set up.  You would never know by looking at it that it is 9" larger (my old one was a 40", the new one is a 49").  It is about two inches wider, but the important dimension is that it is actually shorter than my old one by about an inch.  The height matters more since it is going above the monitors on the wall.


Even though you can't tell because my phone refused to focus on it, it is a 4K monitor, so it is super HD, but just as important for me is that it has composite input, so I can still hook up my legacy stuff to it natively without converter boxes, which can introduce lag and make the games harder to play.


It still detected 0 channels though, so no change there.

2 comments: