Saturday, July 14, 2018

It was just one of those days.

This is today's update, even though I posted yesterday's this morning before I left.  Given how today went, I am not worried about spending the extra time.  Today was one of those days where everything went wrong.

The first thing I looked at when I got up there today was to check the pressure test.  It fell, there is still a leak.

So at that point I decided to make a run home since I was hungry and wanted to look up how to make leak detect fluid.  Unfortunately I learned that most have glycerin in them (to prevent it from just evaporating away), and also that I can't use "normal" soapy water.  Dawn will strip the coating off the black iron pipe, allowing it to rust.  It was cheap, so I ended up just buying a bottle, but that meant a Home Depot run in the middle of a Saturday, where it takes a half hour to get out of the store.  After grumbling, I coated every joint I could find.

While I was waiting for it to work, I decided to cut up some batts and the rest of the smaller pieces for the side.

I also got the next couple of batts installed, though I realized that I never installed the standpipe for the shower, nor did I cement in the trap for it.  Naturally the PVC cement was in my car, so that brought an end to that.

I also picked up the grounding wire for the gas lines, so I started to run that, and realized that I brought my small step ladder home.  Me and pull ups aren't friendly, so I had some trouble getting the wire routed over to the electric box.  I will unfortunately have to pull out a piece of insulation to actually run the wire, but that isn't a big deal, the wall isn't installed yet.  I gave up on trying to get the camera to focus on the wire, so it is blurry.

About the only thing that went right today was that it turned out that the leak was not any of the joints that I had done.  The gauge itself is the cause of the leaks.  I was going to put some teflon tape on it and retest, but that was naturally in the plumbing box that is in my car (same box as the PVC cement...)

It was a rough day, the storms never came that were supposed to suck all the heat out of the air, so it was miserable most of the day.  On top of everything going wrong.  

As mentioned at the beginning, yesterdays post is right below this one and was posted today.

1 comment: