Sunday, July 15, 2018

Floor insulation all but complete.

So it turned out that the manufacturer of that gauge that was causing my heartburn, but it turned out they used some weirdo crumbling sealant on it, which I didn't have q-tips to clean out. 


I put it back on and pumped it back up.  It is conveniently located right next to a shutoff valve, so I just closed that valve.  When I go back tomorrow, I will just open the valve and make sure it hasn't lost significantly.  It will lose some just due to the air that will be lost in the iron pipe before the valve, but as long as it is over 13PSI, I will be happy.  I am fairly certain that it is fine at this point, since the leak detector said they were fine.


I also installed the trap for the shower.


Apparently the purple primer dissolves XPS insulation.  Good to know I suppose.


Tim came by shortly afterwards, so that was nice, it was good to catch up. 
I also completed the flooring insulation, except for around the gas lines.


This is all I have left over.


I brought up the sprayer to go another round with the knotweed, but apparently I didn't bring the Glyphosate.  I thought it was in the car, but I apparently left it in the truck. 


I also forgot the stepstool, so I made a trip home.  After coming back up, I also went and ran the copper line.  Turns out it is too short.  Welp.




I will need the stepstool for the ceiling as well. 


I also grabbed the glyphosate while I was home, so I sprayed down the next round of knotweed.

No comments:

Post a Comment