Monday, July 2, 2018

Mowing day.

Today was hot and awful.  I did go up after work though and did some mowing.  The entire yard, even the back is dry.  It needed it, the weeds were up over my knee.


I for the front done.


I was working on the back when I hit a snag.  Literally.  Apparently there was a strap in the back yard.  Not sure how I never noticed it before, but it is now tangled up in the blades.  I didn't have the jack with me and it was hot, so I decided that was the end of the mowing. 


This was as far as I got.


I thought about heading home, but decided to stick it out a little longer and do some weed killing.  They apparently don't put them together well, it came preassembled, but everything leaked like a strainer until I tightened it all up.  Hopefully the glyphosate isn't that toxic to people, since my hands got covered in it.


I sprayed everything growing in the new dirt the town put down, since it was all Japanese knotweed.


I also hosed down the outermost layer in the front yard.


I think I might work from home tomorrow.  This way I am not already exhausted and croaking from the heat when I get up there.  I still need to do the pressure test on the gas lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment