Friday, July 20, 2018

Gas rough in complete.

The last couple of days have been really nice.  I didn't get much done yesterday, just a little cleanup and I did spray the knotweed.  It was 68 when I got up there, which was nice. 

The gas lines held just fine.  12 is a minordrop, but it was over two days, and I also found out that you lose about half a PSI every time you open the valve, which was opened twice before this reading. 


Today I was rather busy.  I was there until 730, but I brought dinner with me, so I didn't get hungry. The first thing I did was get the grounding installed for the gas lines.  It is supposed to be on the nut, but the clamp isn't large enough despite being for 3/4" line.


 I got the the wall buttoned back up.


The wire is installed.  I didn't staple it in, but I am not sure I am going to.


This time it is long enough.


I also installed the insulation.  I installed it over top of the gas lines, but that shouldn't be an issue.


I also pumped up the gas lines to check again tomorrow, now that everything is done.  This concludes the gas lines rough-in task finally.  It is also the end of the floor insulation.  I have the large gauge wire for the source which I intend to do tomorrow.  I also need to install the standpipe for the shower drain before Matt gets here on Saturday.

  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install wall insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
    1. Install foam board 
    2. Install floor insulation.
    3. install plywood.
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/whatever).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment