Thursday, September 21, 2017

Siding complete.

I slept in today since I am off work for the next almost week, a bit too much.  I got a bit of a late start, but worked all the way through sunset.

The first thing I did was install the door handle I picked up yesterday.  The door works great, with just one problem.  The door doesn't latch, the holes don't line up properly.  I will have to investigate to see if there is any way I can fix that without removing the strike plate and drilling a new hole.  The door is too low.


I also trimmed the excess covering from the ends.


I had a casualty when I went to install the rest of the siding.  Fortunately the black hose I got from dad was up in the shed.


The siding is now complete.  I got the upper portion installed, as well as the small 6 inch pieces.  I decided to just drill a few small holes and fill the tiny cavities with expanding foam, similar to what I used around the door.  I don't know its R-value, but it is such a small area I am not too concerned.


It is looking like my hope will be accurate:  the horizontal lines will be covered when I put up the trim so it won't look as funny.


I even got the spacers installed today.  All I need now is the corner molding.


I also went around and trimmed the excess housewrap so I can start preparing for the rodent barrier.


I realized when I was writing this that I didn't have a task to do the skirting or molding, so I added an item to the checklist for it.  I finally completed the siding, so another item is crossed off.  This unblocks several items on the list, though most of them didn't require true completion of the siding anyways.

  1. Square up the corners
  2. Attach ceiling beams
  3. Secure rafters and beams with hurricane ties
  4. Attach the subflooring to the trailer frame.
  5. Sheathe the roof
  6. Install tar paper to make the roof watertight.
  7. Install window framing.
  8. Tyvek wrap.
  9. Install roof.  Including the drip edge.
  10. Install siding.
  11. Install attic vent and AAV (AAV = air access valve for the plumbing).
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Run the rough electric.
  14. Install rodent barrier.
  15. Finish the exterior.  Do Skirting.
  16. Install insulation.
  17. *Install flooring.  *15
  18. *Install ceiling and attic insulation. *13
  19. *Install light fixtures.  *17
  20. *Install paneling  *13, 15
  21. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *19
  22. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *16, 19
  23. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

I also took some sunset pictures on the way home.  It was quite pretty and vivid.  There were a lot of clouds from Jose that never moved off like they were supposed to.


1 comment:

  1. oops, when I added the skirting item I forgot to update the numbers for all the dependencies. My bad

    ReplyDelete