Friday, September 22, 2017

Prepping for the windows.

I didn't quite finish everything I needed before cutting out the windows and getting them installed, but I am close.  I had to make a quick trip home during the day, since my gas can was in the other vehicle.

While I am happy for the extreme packaging that prevented even the united parcel smashers from getting through, it took me a while to pry everything open.


This is what my windows look like.


I got most of the framing installed today.  The two in the front.


The two in the back.  The big window was a real pain, since one of the studs I was removing was the edge of the T1-11 which meant double the nails in it.  It was also very tight, I had beat on it to get everything in.


I thought I had replaced the one king stud that I used for other purposes, but it appears that I didn't, since I am a king stud short.  I couldn't finish the last one as a result.  I will pick up another board tonight for it.


At one point when I was fitting everything, the header decided it didn't like sitting on top of the frame, and my shirt suffered.


I also got the location holes drilled on the outside so I can go through and nail the siding back up around where the window will be so it doesn't get torn up when I cut out the openings.


I didn't complete the windows, so no movement on the checklist.  I should be able to get all the windows installed tomorrow.  Things are progressing, albeit slower than hoped (which is pretty normal).  I am also headed up to take a look at a plow truck tomorrow.  They only want 400 for it, so I will have to check it over carefully.  It is a 1988 Ford Ranger, much like dad's really old truck (2.9L V6 5-speed).

1 comment: