Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Roof covered again.

The meeting that ran until 5 was painfully slow and I really shouldn't have been part of it, so I decided to sneak out early.  I conveniently needed to go talk to the electrical team at quarter after 3 and managed to sneak out around 330.

It was a good thing too.  I didn't get up there during lunch to get the roofing chunk replaced, but I had time to do it since I left so early.


No more delaminated parts.


I also finished stripping the tar paper off.


The house wrap was just barely wide enough to cover all the roof.  It is tacked up on the edges only so there are no staple holes in it to leak.  Where I had enough overhang, I stapled it to the siding, but there was a little bit in front of the door on the slab side where I didn't hang the plywood high enough to reach.


I also piled up all the tar paper.


I got a text while I was up there saying that the heat pump came in, so I have that sitting in my car.

No movement on the checklist, though a couple of the in progress items are getting really close.  I am taking 2 of the next 3 weeks off, so I should hopefully get moving.  Time is tight enough now that if I don't get the exterior and interior skeleton done in that time frame, I probably won't make it in before winter.  It really sucked losing a whole week to roof damage, which I technically haven't completely fixed yet since I haven't sprayed everything down with mold killer yet.
  1. Square up the corners
  2. Attach ceiling beams
  3. Secure rafters and beams with hurricane ties
  4. Attach the subflooring to the trailer frame.
  5. Sheathe the roof
  6. Install tar paper to make the roof watertight.
  7. *Install window framing.   *10
  8. Tyvek wrap.
  9. Install roof.  Including the drip edge.
  10. Install siding.
  11. *Install attic vent and AAV (AAV = air access valve for the plumbing). *10
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Run the rough electric.
  14. Install rodent barrier.
  15. *Install insulation.  *10
  16. *Install flooring.  *15
  17. *Install ceiling and attic insulation. *13
  18. *Install light fixtures.  *17
  19. *Install paneling  *13, 15
  20. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *19
  21. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *16, 19
  22. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

2 comments:

  1. so in 3 weeks you'll know if you are coming down for thanksgiving or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should, since that is the end of my vacation time. As it stands right now, unless these next few weeks are insanely productive, right now it is looking like a no go.

      Delete