Sunday, September 3, 2017

Short wet day.

Today was cold wet and rainy, but I still put in most of the day.  Turns out the tar paper isn't as waterproof (or even water resistant) as I thought it was.  There were a few leaks dripping inside.  This may bump the roof in the priority list.


Despite the rain, I completed the basic runs for the wiring.  I haven't put in any of the secondary lines or junction boxes yet though.


I probably don't have enough wire left to do them.


It looks like a lot of circuits, but is only 11.  I haven't run anything for the water pump yet though.  I need to call Cushing and Sons and find out what it requires.

The circuits are:

  1. Utility Room
  2. Bathroom
  3. Fridge
  4. Stove
  5. Dishwasher
  6. Kitchen outlets
  7. Lights + Auxiliary heat outlet
  8. Living room
  9. "Bedroom"  - may also include outside light and heat tapes.
  10. Exterior outlets
  11. Heat pump
  12. TBD - Water pump


Once that was all finished up, I also went out and measured the boards for the end supports, so I can get those installed.  They will need to be installed before I complete the siding on the ends.


A better view of tree that was turning color.


Technically the rough electrical isn't complete, since I still need to put in the junction boxes and run the wiring for the switches (I have the wiring going to the switches, but nothing coming out).  As such, no updates on the checklist.

  1. Square up the corners
  2. Attach ceiling beams
  3. Secure rafters and beams with hurricane ties
  4. Attach the subflooring to the trailer frame.
  5. Sheathe the roof
  6. Install tar paper to make the roof watertight.
  7. *Install window framing.   *10
  8. Tyvek wrap.
  9. Install roof.
  10. Install siding.  This includes all flashing.
  11. *Install attic vent and AAV (AAV = air access valve for the plumbing). *10
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Run the rough electric.
  14. Install rodent barrier.
  15. *Install insulation.  *10
  16. *Install flooring.  *15
  17. *Install ceiling and attic insulation. *13
  18. *Install light fixtures.  *17
  19. *Install paneling  *13, 15
  20. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *19
  21. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *16, 19
  22. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

2 comments:

  1. Try and get a tarp over the roof so the rain doesn't cause you more issues later on, or get Matt back up on the roof with the roofing material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is supposed to be relatively nice tomorrow, I will get it up there then.

      Delete