Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Lazy power day.

Today was my last day off and it was another hot day, though not as bad as the last couple, only mid-80s today, so I took it a little easy.  I ran some errands in the morning, got a haircut, made a Home Depot run, and so on, and spent pretty much the rest of the day working on running electric.  It would be going much faster if I had a floor, but the underlay hasn't shown up yet to switch over to plumbing.

We have also had an exceedingly long period of dry weather (and heat) so I went and checked on everything.  The creek is down to a trickle.  It never dried up this year, this is as close as it has gotten.  Despite the dry wave, this has been a very wet year.


The leaves that foolishly thought fall was here have wilted badly in the heat.  Almost all of the standing water in the back yard is dried up too.  I will likely have to mow again, everything started growing again.


I got a bit done.


In case you can't tell from that picture what I got done, all the outlet circuits are done in this half of the house.  I have done the routing through the walls.  I will need to double check code to make sure they can be stacked like that.  I don't think it meets code (the wires will throw off EMI and heat that will interfere with one another), especially with the staples I am using (the insulation doesn't cover both wires).  I think they make stacking staples, I just need to find some.  The actual code requirements are very vague.


I also put in most of the missing outlets.  I am still a couple of boxes short.


The picture is kind of dark, but the wires dangling are the outlets and the wiring going to the switches for a wall that isn't there yet.


Most of them are coming out pretty nice once I get everything done.  This is the fridge circuit.  The windows are convenient for hanging the drill on too.


I haven't completed the light circuits, since I need a bit more in place to do so.


I will have to keep an eye on my materials.  I am almost out of wire again.  This was a brand new 100ft spool.  I apparently underestimated how much I would need.


I got the 10awg pretty much spot on though.  This is what I have left.


I got the rest of the boxes I had picked up installed.  I haven't decided if I want to play any games with the heat pump circuit, or just run it through the wall under the window from the other side.  The corner is blocked by a california corner so that I have some place to install the paneling.


I also came across another problem that throws a monkey wrench into my plans.  I had intended to make my walls 2x2, really thin to maximize floor space.  The bathroom and the kitchen outlets (which would also be in that wall) have to be GFCI to meet code though.  A GFCI outlet however is as thick as a piece of lumber though...  I might have no choice but to make the wall a full 2x4 interior wall.  Another annoying loss of floor space.  The inches are starting to add up.


I haven't completed anything, so no movement on the checklist.  I return to work tomorrow and will try to gather up a few guys to help me install the heat pump to get that completed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment