Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Days are getting short.

Today wasn't highly productive, even though I got out of work around 5 like normal.  The days are getting shorter, by the time I get up there it is only an hour until sunset.  Most of what I did were just some finishing touches on the door.  I managed to put the extra bead all the way around the door.  A lot of people said it was a good idea.


I also filled in the other side where the foam wasn't spilling out.


A lot of places also recommended I put some in the sill plate.  As the sill ages and shifts over time, this will maintain the seal is what I was seeing.


The door had actually sealed itself shut when I got there.  This was the main point of contact.


I also got the siding cut for the ends.  I didn't install it since I wanted to poke around about the best way to insulate it.  I have tossed around putting a small slit in the top of the wrap and just sliding some foam board insulation in there, or just drill a couple of holes in the california corner and use filling spray in foam.


It looks like all our rain moved off, Jose went back into the Atlantic and didn't get close enough to bring me rain, but I still covered everything anyways.  I plan on using the rest of the sheet turned sideways to do the ends.  I only have a small bit to do, so I am hoping the sideways textures won't look odd.


Tomorrow starts the first of many days off, though I have a lot of other things to get moving on, including the loan since I haven't heard anything back.

I have picked up a door lock set, the Z-flashing, and some more silicone, so I can keep moving.  Right now the biggest blocker is the insulation in the small area.  No movement on the checklist.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I meant to cut the foam off and THEN run the silicone bead all the way around the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks awful, so I am not going to leave it like that, I will fill it in when I do, it just isn't high on the priority list at the moment.

      Delete