Thursday, September 28, 2017

Blustery day.

The wind was howling all day, blowing in the cooler air.  It appears that we got even more wind today than we did when Harvey went through and took down trees.  This is what I came up to.


Unfortunately, this looks pretty fatal.  At least I was done with that one.


I managed to get the heat pump sealed in, and the annoying piece of siding.




The silicone naturally beads on the metal a whole lot better.


Apparently my driveway is a lot longer than I thought.  My 100ft extension cord barely made it halfway to the slab...  This is where it ended.  I am glad I got the 12 gauge now (I debated going 14) since I will need another one.


I continued working on the electric.  I now have an outlet wired in.  12AWG wire is a real pain in the neck to wire in.


I am off for a while (until October 9th) so I hope to get the electric and plumbing in place before I go back.  The underbelly covering is on its way, hopefully it gets here soon.  The adhesive and tape is already here.  The completion of the heat pump knocks another item off the checklist.
  1. Square up the corners
  2. Attach ceiling beams
  3. Secure rafters and beams with hurricane ties
  4. Attach the subflooring to the trailer frame.
  5. Sheathe the roof
  6. Install tar paper to make the roof watertight.
  7. Install windows and AC.
  8. Tyvek wrap.
  9. Install roof.  Including the drip edge.
  10. Install siding.
  11. Install attic vent and AAV (AAV = air access valve for the plumbing).
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Run the rough electric.
  14. Install rodent barrier.
  15. *Finish the exterior.  Do Skirting.  *14
  16. *Install insulation. *14
  17. *Install flooring.  *16
  18. *Install ceiling and attic insulation. *13
  19. *Install light fixtures.  *18
  20. *Install paneling  *13, 16
  21. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *20
  22. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *17, 20
  23. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

1 comment:

  1. looks like the tarp part doesn't have holes- just the legs are shot!

    ReplyDelete