Friday, September 29, 2017

Good thing I am not an electrician.

It is a good thing I am not an electrician because the wiring of the house is going painfully slowly.  I didn't get the earliest of starts today, but it seemed like it was taking half an hour per outlet.  That being said, most of  the outlets are done at this point.

The kitchen GFCI was a real pain in the neck.  All the wires had to be the perfect length to fit in the box correctly, and it had both a load going to another outlet and was spliced on the line side to go to the other kitchen outlets on the other side (I didn't want them protected by this GFCI, they have their own).  It was a lot of wires for a single gang box, and might technically be more than you are supposed to put in (I don't know the rules for box volume).  This outlet alone took an hour to get right.

I also put the clip for it too close to the box, which made backfeeding wire painful.  

I also found out that wire nuts that are good for 4x12awg are not good for 3x10awg.  So this is still waiting on a wire nut.  10awg wire is near impossible to work with.  

The grass side of the kitchen is done.  It was kind of a pain since the wire running across the wall was too short.  The outlet near the floor is the one for the dishwasher.

The living room is done.  I hadn't finished running all the wires for it but they are all in place now.  

I did most of the bedroom circuit, but ran out of wire.  It is still missing the part that goes underneath the house for the heat tapes.

I also completed the dining room outlets (not the switches though) and brought the run going up to stud to code by running them side by side.

I should finish all the outlets tomorrow, but at the rate it is going I don't think I will finish the rough electric tomorrow.  I am also hoping to look at a 4-wheeler tomorrow with a plow on it.  No movement on the checklist.  The underbelly material was supposed to arrive today, but it isn't sitting on my porch yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment