Thursday, October 5, 2017

Underbelly not quite done, lots of pictures.

I lost another couple of hours today going back and forth with the loan people just to find out that despite their assurances at the beginning of the process, they don't have a loan they can give me.  Great.  On to the next one. 

Today was a pretty good day, very windy though which was annoying.  Despite that, I got the rest of the underbelly hung.


I worked out a system to get everything over the pipes in the middle without having to crawl under the trailer.


So apparently 250 square feet wasn't enough...


The back does otherwise look pretty nice.  I was a bit more careful about hanging the back than I was in the front, so it is much better as far as tension goes.


I managed to cobble the corner together, though it looks terrible (what else is new).  As long as the adhesive works, it should be functional though.


This is what the corner looks like from the inside.


This is all that I have left.  Talk about cutting it close.


I will still have to figure something out for the wheel wells.  I will probably use plywood for it though.


I also went through and started gluing the centers of the pieces together.  I am running out of spray adhesive, so I have only been doing enough to hold them together.  I still plan to tape all the seams.  The tape better be as permanent as it claims. 


All in all, I think the way I originally wanted to do the underbelly would have been better, even if it did take more material.  I was originally intending to glue and tape each side before attaching it to the trailer.  Oh well, lesson learned for next time (if there is a next time).

A side note on the plumbing, I will have to find out how long the sweep is on a 3" long sweep elbow to make sure that the toilet can actually be mounted up against the wall.  I will look at the sweep tonight when I go to pick up the plumbing stuff.  I need to make sure I can get it inside the trailer frame rails.  From there I can do double 45's if necessary.


I also went and did the last mowing for the year, since it is as dry as it will get all year at this point, and unless we get another heat wave, the grass won't grow enough to warrant another mowing this year.  Even the back was only slightly damp.


I still managed to find this with the blades though.  That made a really awful screech as it stalled.  Thankfully it didn't wind into the blades, and was really easy to pull out.


Once I was done I poked around at my mower.  It turns out it does have the front mounting plates for accessories (a plow in my case).  It wouldn't be hard to build a simple wood plow for it. 


It wouldn't be hard to jerry-rig something to add some weight to the back either.  I know this is strong enough since I was using it to pull the building square when I was doing the siding. 


It would be a cruel thing to do to the tractor, it is really really really undersized for plowing (and the front end of the tractor is already bent, and the transmission already hates life, and the clutch is already shot, and I don't think it puts out the HP it once did), but I haven't been seeing anything with a plow on Craigslist.  I might wait a bit longer before I make a decision on anything though.

So apparently the USPS won't deliver to my door anymore.  They just saw that the AAV I ordered wouldn't fit in my box and said whatever. 


Something else interesting happened today.  I am not sure how it happened, but it appears that the door has fixed itself.  It is actually latched.  I had played with the sill plate a few days ago to no avail, but apparently something shifted when I jacked up the trailer to put the underbelly on and it is closing now.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not.  It does mean if I transport the thing the door will have to be checked, it isn't solidly in apparently.  Not sure I like that.


No movement on the checklist, I didn't get as far as I wanted to, but here are some nice fall pictures.  The leaves are changing with the return of the cooler weather.The colors aren't very vivid in the photo because the lighting was bad.  These are Otter Brook, taken from the bridge right across from the country store.


No comments:

Post a Comment