Thursday, October 26, 2017

Damage assessment.

We have gotten a lot of rain the past couple of days.  I have seen reports of over 5".  My creek bears that out.  Three days ago it was all but dry.  This is what it looks like now, and we just got more rain, and will get some more tonight.


A few more things blew around, but nothing too bad.


The tarp mostly held.  It came off on one end, but mostly held up.


I also noticed that one of the windows had its screen start to come out.


I took some time and hosed down all my tools with WD-40 today and did a damage assessment.  The hand tools handled the water better than I expected.  There is some rust on them, but it doesn't look fatal.  A few of them didn't make it, my file is toast for example, but the hammers and screwdrivers made it.  A lot of the bits are gone, I couldn't even find them in the dark.  The generator started up and ran just fine, the lights seem to be ok.  All the power tools are in the car trying to dry out.  I will try them out tomorrow.  I will have to replace at least Heather's nailer, it got drenched and infested with mice, who chewed on it a little.


I haven't come to any conclusions on the loan issue.  I have found a couple of trailer parks that I need to call tomorrow.  I also did some research on the gofundme option, and that isn't viable. 

2 comments: